Your registration on the Pool List can be cancelled either automatically or by a decision of the management committee.
The registration is cancelled automatically when:
- you do not report to the Seafarers department of the NSSO after a period of suspension, or
- you have submitted your resignation to the Seafarers department of the NSSO in writing.
Cancellation by the management committee
The management committee can cancel the registration in case of:
- physical or mental inability to do the job;
- reasons of behaviour: misbehaviour, refusal to accept a suitable position, refusal to go through job training, failure to comply with job duties or the employment contract; or
- lack of employment in merchant shipping: lack of employment which is not related to market conditions over a period of 26 weeks, or having been employed less than 90 days in merchant shipping during the past 365 days.